Monday, February 26, 2007

WKWF Key West FL 1600 - verification

Yesterday evening I was checking some of my PAX63 (October, 2006) recordings that I haven't gone thru before. I was lucky to find a clear WKWF identification on 1600 kHz on October 10, 2006 at 06.19 UTC in the morning during the station's sports coverage. Station announced "Home of the Conchs - WKWF Sports Radio 1600." I got a very friendly QSL today:

"Thank you so much for your email. Yes, you did indeed receive WKWF, Sportsradio 1600am in Finland. Amazing. I think that this may be the most distant communication requesting verification that I've ever received. WKWF is named for Wonderful Key West Florida and is owned by Spottswoods LLC for which Clear Channel manages and operates. As a manager for Clear Channel Radio, I'm proud of our little AM station who's signal makes it all the way to Finland. WKWF is the oldest operating station in the Florida Keys and is on the air 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. On a side note, we expect the temperatures to reach into the 80's today. What is your weather report?
I hope that you have a GREAT day!! and again, thank you for your email."

WKWF is FL #16 for me.

No comments: